Make Money online with a blog is the easiest way to get started earning your first Internet income. If you want to enter the world of passive income by writing about what you love and what most interests you, blogging is your bridge to success.
Still, I want to warn you of something that you should be aware of. Becoming rich fast is not possible with this method. However, it is a very good way to earn enough if you do it the right way.
There are so many people who earn more than six figures a month or even more blogging, and their success is realized after a long journey of hard work and seriousness.
The 5 ways to make money Blogging with today I am about to show you that they are proven and you can invest your time without having to worry whether they are a scam or not. They are legitimate, real, and serious.
To get started you need 4 important elements to start with:
- Domain name: the name of your website. For example, www.yourwebsite.com
- Hosting: the company that will host your website files and deliver your content to the user on the internet
- WordPress: the CMS Platform that you will use to create your website/Blog
- Your Effort: Your skills, Your engagement, your patience, your honesty, your commitment
Sounds good huh? Well to build a blog you need WordPress. If you don’t know what WordPress is, it the most powerful and famous publishing platform in the world. Most of the websites today are created with this amazing CMS (Content Management System).
I know what you are thinking! “But I don’t know how to create a website”. This is not a problem at all. I will show you how to do it at the end of this article.
You also need Hosting: This is where your website files and data will be stored and served to the users on the internet. I will also include affordable companies for you to get started with and show you how to get the best hosting for your blog without having any prior experience
Now, what are the 5 ways to make money online with your blog today?
#1 Google AdSense
Not so many people believe that Google will pay you to display ads on your website. How does it work then?
Google gets paid from big companies to promote their services and products in the form of ads in a program called AdWords.
With a small piece of code on your website, Google can display ads according to the content you provide. If a visitor clicks on one of these ads on your website, Google pays you a percentage of that.
The registration process is simple:
- Create at least 10 to 20 very good blog posts with unique content that adds value to your website visitors
- Go to www.adsense.google.com and sign up for an account. It is free and it does not cost you anything to use. If you have a Gmail account, you can use that to sign in to AdSense.
- Follow the steps, add your website and apply.
After the application is submitted Google takes a few weeks to check your application and when they approve it, you will get notified and then you can start adding Google AdSense code to your website to display their ads.
If you keep enriching your blog with good content, you are likely to increase your earnings. Still, I want to address this: earning may vary because not all companies pay to Google the same per Click. Some may pay 1$ per click some others may pay more.
What you should pay attention to before applying to Google AdSense:
Google is a serious company and AdSense is a great program to make good and solid income online with. Still, Google has so many policies and guidelines you should respect and stick to if you don’t want to get banned:
- Please write your own unique content and never ever add other content from other writers to your blog. If you do so, Google will consider it a violation of their policies and they will stop displaying ads.
- Never use black-hat SEO tricks. Always use the latest and legitimate SEO trends to rank first on Google. Some of the tricks include hidden links and texts to deceive search engine crawlers to rank you high.
- Never use digital tools to create content like Content spinners.
- Never add other´s content without adding any value to the visitors of your website.
- Please read the Google Guidelines & Policies carefully.
#2 Consider Affiliate Marketing
Affiliate Marketing can be also a great source of passive income through the blog you have just created. This is done by recommending the products and services of other companies. The question is where can I get the products and services to recommend or promote?
The answer is easy. Type in Google Affiliate Marketing Platforms and you will get a list of all famous platforms you can choose from. Please note that choosing the right one is essential for a long-run relationship. Make sure you choose the ones that are established on the market.
- Question – 1:How can I recommend the products or services?
- Answer: Write reviews in the form of a post about the product you find interesting and easy to convert. Simply write a good review on your new blog and cover all the aspects that can motivate people to buy that product.
- Question – 2: How do I earn money from that?
- Answer: The Affiliate Marketing Platform you just signed up for provides you with an affiliate link. This link is unique. Through it, they know that the sales are coming from your blog. So, the commissions are going to be assigned to you.
- Question – 3: How can I get the money I earned from those recommendations then?
- Answer: The platform you signed up for has a settings section where you put your payment information like a bank or PayPal account. When you reach the minimum payment, you defined in the settings, the money will be sent directly to your bank account or your PayPal.
- Question – 4: How long does it take to get sales?
- Answer: This relies mostly on your marketing strategies. If you rely on SEO only to get traffic to your website, it will take some time to actually get some visitors to your post, read your review, get convinced and then eventually purchase.
- Question – 5: What other promoting strategies I should use to get sales then?
- Answer: You should get more traffic to your website using Social Media Sharing strategies, Facebook ads and other paid advertisement platforms like Google AdWords. You should be active in Social media like Pinterest.com, Instagram.com and all other famous Social media out there.
- Question – 6: Can you recommend any platforms you use yourself?
- Answer: Yes, sure. I recommend ClickBank, JVZoo, Commission Junction and ShareASale. Please note that some of these platforms have to verify your website before they go ahead and approve your application.
Affiliate Marketing is a good way to make money online but it is not easy. It takes effort and hard work. Please never be fascinated by people trying to sell you courses online on how to be a millionaire in a few months or something like that. Most of those pictures and fancy cars you see in their video intros are a scam.
If you really want to learn how to make money with Affiliate marketing with the platform ClickBank I recommend, you should learn from their ClickBank University. These guys will show you the legitimate ways that also take effort to be successful but at least it is real.
Please make sure you choose the right products you promote or recommend to not only make money but also benefit people. There are so many vendors that let their products promoted online, but some of them are bad quality products and they will be a waste of money and time for your readers.
- Visit the vendor’s website and see if you can recommend the product for yourself
- Make sure it is not a health-damaging product, which is not clinically tested.
- Make sure that the vendor is not a scam
- Make sure that the product creator is an expert in his/her field.
#3 Create a Membership Blog.
If you are a good writer and you think you can provide readers with premium articles to read, then you can create a paid membership website.
Your blog should be creating good unique and genuine content. Once you have built a huge audience and loyal fans who are willing to read your articles every time you post them, you can restrict access to some of your content to paid members only.
Since we are using WordPress for your new blog, there are a lot of good Membership Plugins you can use. I highly recommend MemberPress because it is reliable and easy to use for beginners.
How does restricted content work?
- Write a premium article that will add great value to your readers.
- Restrict the access of public readers to this article by redirecting them to a login page. You should tell them that this article is for members only.
- If the new reader is not registered, they should sign up to read that specific article you want to get paid for.
- The Membership Plugin you installed in your WordPress Blog does all this for you. You won´t have to do the coding or anything for this.
4# Create an online Shop within your blog:
Yes, you can sell products from your blog. Since you are using WordPress, you can also install an extension that allows you to turn your blog into a shopping cart.
WooCommerce is one of the most famous Shop Plugin for WordPress, and it is FREE. You can sell your own products like eBooks, T-shirts or Books.
This plugin allows you to place any external links as well. This can be your affiliate links from Amazon, Commission Junction or Clickbank.
You can manage your tiny online store easily because WooCommerce makes it easier to manage, add, delete or edit any product and its images or description.
5# Let me tell you briefly how you can create a website and choose the best Hosting for your blog.
How to Choose Hosting for your WordPress Website?
- When you are on their Website, click on Managed WordPress. Choose the Plan that suits your budget. Their plans start from 3.90$ and are affordable to start with.
- If you don’t have a domain name, write the name of your domain name in the field and click search. If you are domain name is not taken from someone else, you will get it instantly.
- Fill out the form, complete payment and start building your WordPress Website. If you haven’t built your website before, you can let us do it for you for just 100$
Bluehost is also a very good hosting company you can go for. They are a very knowledgeable web hosting company that has really good deals on WordPress hosting. They are reliable, cheap and have good rates.
Creating a website can be tricky even if WordPress is an easy platform to manage. Still, you will need to have some knowledge in HTML, CSS and basic knowledge in PHP.
You can go to our Youtube Channel and watch the first 6 videos we uploaded on how to create a website using WordPress explained in detail or even better hire someone from Fiverr to do it for you.
If you do not know Fiverr is, please read the following article. In brief, Fiverr is a Freelance Marketplace where you can get things done starting from 5$.
For a complete WordPress website or blog, you have to pay between 50$ and 250$ and get the job done professionally. Do not worry! Fiverr runs and very good review system and freelancers do create wonderful stuff.
Now that you know how to create your blog using the cheapest Hosting and Free WordPress Platform, I want you to leave your comments below and tell ask questions if you do not understand anything. I will be happy to answer all of them.
– You can also read this —–> 3 serious methods to make money online